Tuesday, October 18, 2011

pro-life day of silence, Who am I silent for?

Hello Catholiccontriversy here, and today was the national pro-life day of silence. I took a vow of silence for 24 hours. This is still going on but blogging isn't really talking, especially since I'm talking about pro-life. Well it went really well. I kept silent for all day only mumbling some subconsciously, but I'm going to make that up by staying silent for an extra minute. I started at midnight last night and will go on until 12:01 tonight. It's really hard to do. Now for some details.

I initially wanted to duct tape my mouth, but 2 issues with that idea. For starters, I'm a harry guy, so the bikini wax alone is enough reason to not do that. The other reason was I'm doing this all day for 24 hours. I would have to rip the tape off 3 or more times to eat and I don't want to do that. So to show my participation, I turned my safety vest inside out, put duct tape where the reflective stripes would be, and wrote pro-life messages. Watch the video here.




pro-life day of silence by catholiccontriversy

pro-life day of silence by catholiccontriversy

This is what the stripes say if you had trouble reading them,
"I'm silent for the friends I'll never have."
"I'm silent for the hero's that'll never save the day."
"I'm silent for those that never had the chance to change the world"
"Pro life day of silence."

A couple of my friends noticed but I'm not sure how many exactly. Let me tell you, abstaining from talking is really hard. You don't really know how hard it is to be silent unless you really have done it.

Now for what I took away from this experience. It was really interesting being the ghost of what could have been but isn't due to "choice." For one day, I was a life lost to abortion. The world still went on, but having been told by a couple of my friends, I bring joy to otherwise boring days. A person like that was lost to abortion. Like all the future world changers lost to the Holocaust just because they were Jewish, so many world changers are lost to abortion just because their mother chose she didn't want this baby. Worst part is, this is legal and the government isn't doing anything about the slaughter of unborn babies.

This was a powerful experience, and I feel it would make a larger impact if I had someone following me around explaining that I was a life lost to abortion. Someone to tell people of all the great things I wish to accomplish one day, but I can't because I was aborted. The world never knew my happy personality. I never did or will do the great things, because I was "chosen." If you are pro-life, I strongly encourage you to participate next year. Well this has been Catholiccontriversy, signing off, and may God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment