Wednesday, June 2, 2021

FACT CHECK: Steven Crowder's Pro-Youtube Anti-Competitor Past

 *Sigh* It's not that I'm not happy about Steven joining rumble, it's just that he doesn't realize the hypocrisy and lack of self awareness about his past. Hello catholiccontriversy here and if you don't know, Steven Crowder got banned from youtube...Again. This is the 2nd time he got hard suspended, but like the 9 jillionth time he's gotten in trouble with youtube. With this most recent banning though, Steven decided to join rumble and mirror his content there, something that I know I've been saying he should do since forever, but most specifically since the SvenComputer video got banned 3 years ago.

Now I know what you might be thinking, "but it's on bitchute, it's the official louder with crowder bitchute channel." Well funny thing about that. See, normally when someone mirrors their videos somewhere else, they promote the alternative platform they can watch it on. Instead of doing that, Steven basically said "well, it's gone, but you can watch it on mug club."

If the time stamp doesn't work, go to 8:19.

OK, that was 3 years ago, and Steven is now on a platform that isn't youtube and mug club. His rumble channel is official and he's promoting it. I should be happy, right? Well not quite. See, Steven made an youtube community post highlighting the volitility of youtube and telling everyone to branch out to platforms like rumble, and I just have to say, this post REALLY pisses me off. Not because he's promoting something that isn't youtube (I'm quite happy about that), but that is seems like he thinks this is some new concept that he just discovered. So let's go through this one by one.

"But I’ve never expected everyone to be able to afford the $6-7 a month, so we’ve made sure to upload the full one hour show (what you’re used to seeing here on YouTube) over at Rumble."

Bull! OK, I know you've never HONESTLY expected everyone to sign up for mugclub, that's just not a reasonable assumption for anyone, buuuuttttt every time the topic of "what if I get pulled off youtube" comes up you say "sign up at mug club, that's the only way you can be free of big tech censorship" and never even had another alternative that wasn't a paywall.

"If this is the first you’re hearing of that, it means you’re still dependent on YouTube for your news, and that’s scary to think about."

Oh REALLY!? REALLY!? It's scary to think that people are still dependent on youtube for content that is ONLY AVAILABLE on youtube. Why, golly gee! Who could have predicted that uploading content EXCLUSIVELY to one platform runs the risk people not knowing about the happenings of that creator when they get banned? Gee, it's ALMOST AS IF having a single plan with no backup is a bad idea. Yeah, yeah, I know "follow me [Steven Crowder] on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter," but come on, Instagram is for ass models, Facebook is for soccer moms, and Twitter is a cesspool no one should be on. Pluuusss, it's not like facebook and twitter haven't tried to get rid of you too. *strokes beard* Gee, if only there was some other video sharing site people have been saying you should join for years.

"Which is why, while YouTube is important, WE ALL need to create a new table. And so we’ve started mirroring our channel on Rumble...But none of that means anything if Conservatives continue to complain about YouTube, while continuing to patron it exclusively and ignoring alternative, freedom-supporting platforms."

You mean, like YOU!? What I think you're forgetting is that for years you have been saying "I'm not going to support an alternative platform, just youtube and mug club." You dismissed the concept outright in this video from 2019.

If the time stamp doesn't work, go to 5:02

"You shouldn’t 'abandon' YouTube for Rumble, but you CAN make the time for both. It’s time we all did. In a perfect world, I’d see as many of you watching and commenting on Rumble as I see here, and eventually YouTube would have some competition on its hands. I know it’s a long way off, but we’ve got to start somewhere, and now seems like the right time."

Yeah, it's a long way off because user generated content platforms grow by word of mouth, and I'm sure that wasn't extended at all by the largest conservative youtuber saying "no, youtube is the place to be, the only way to watch us is on youtube or behind a paywall." Which speaking of paywalls.

"There’s nothing I hate more than when content creators pull the bait and switch, and put all of their content behind a paywall."

Really now? You hate it when content creators pull the bait and switch and put all their content behind a paywall. That's funny, because you seemed to be very OK with it when YOU did that back in June of 2019.

"But DON’T let YouTube cut you out of the loop. Head over to Rumble and subscribe to our channel."

You know, it's funny. I think this is the first time I'm ever hearing about you joining Rumble here on youtube. I checked your "I'm back" video (the only thing you posted since the suspension) and no mention of rumble, not even in your social media links. Methinks it's not youtube that's cutting people out of the loop. Methinks it's Steven Crowder who is "cutting people out of the loop." Maybe when you stream again you'll say "follow me on rumble," but I'm not seeing any effort to promote rumble.

OK. So maybe I'm being too harsh. I mean, everything I've cited has been over a year ago, and all of this happened before the hard strikes and removing the ability to upload. Maybe completely removing Stevens ability to upload was the straw that broke the camels back.

Pft, I can't even type that with a strait face. No it's not. This wasn't something that Dave Cullen and Jeremy Quartering talked to Steven about offline in (which, sorry Jeremy at 5:16, that bitchute channel is a pirate channel), and they brought Steven to the light. No, Steven held the opinion "youtube or nothing" 2 months ago

If the embed is being dumb, go here Crowder VS Youtube, Time to Fight Like Hell 

Or I call out all the BS here with timestamps.

*FACT CHECK!* Yeah, sorry Steven, but this community post comes off as virtue signaling. I'm not asking for a "bow to the mob apology," just a quick "follow us on rumble, yeah in the past I thought youtube was the only place worth my time, but now I've changed my mind, let's all mirror our content on rumble and tell youtube 'you can't stop us.'" This has been catholiccontriversy, signing off, and bu-bye.

PS, thank-you Max my awesome patron.

No comments:

Post a Comment