Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pokematic Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace 3D Review

Post converted 3D never seems to turn out good, but this IS George Lucas so who knows.

If it's not a good game or catholic...who do you call?...why Pokematic, "hi."

I just saw starwars episode 1 3D. Now I'm not like others. I absolutely love episode 1. I still have my Quigon Green light saber from when I was 5. I had episode 1 board games. I had this electronic game where I manned a Naboo fighter. I had a Naboo fighter disk shooter thing. When I was young we had a small back seet TV for long car trips, and I watched episode one every trip. And there were many. I know every single line in the movie. I love starwars episode 1. So I'm not going to talk about the movie. It's great, I don't care what people say about the story. So now for this rerelease.

This is almost the same episode 1 from the 1999 initial release. There are some things that were changed, but can be found on the 2011 Blu-Ray set, from what I've heard of Blu-Ray release. The main one that I know of is the removal of episode 1 pupet Yoda and replacing with the episode 2 and 3 CG Yoda. For someone who is so used to the pupet from his vhs copy, it's just not the same. Sure episode 1 yoda looked only slightly smilar to 4 5 and 6 Yoda, but that was episode 1 Yoda. I liked the Yoda. Oh well, people prefered the 2 and 3 yoda.

As many of us movie buffs know by now, post conversion 3D tends to not be the best in the world, with some scenes that are heavy in CG beeing what looks good. With George Lucas being George Lucas, there was a good chance that it would look good. Unfortunately, same old story of post conversion, but with episode being a lot of 3D, there were some good scenes.

Here's the thing though, I didn't go to see an amazing 3D movie. I went to see one of my favorite movies again on the big screen. After years of watching it on the 9 inch TV in the back of the van, I was ready to see it on a 90 ft screen. Through out the entire time, I mouthed every single line as it happened perfectly. There were a few scenes I missed because they were to boring for me to remember, or were just to hard for me to say, JarJar, but those were just like 5 mins of the entire 2 hour movie. It was worth it. If you just want to experience starwars on the big screen again, go see this while you still can, or if you want to show your kids what star wars is on the big scree, then you have to go see this, and every rerelease. But if you're fine with your home copies of episode 1 and would go just for good 3D, then don't.

Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment