Monday, April 10, 2017

Teen Titans Go Caped (AKA OG Teen Titans Abridged)


As an added bonus, here is what I was originally going to do for my review of TTG Caped

If it's not a good

If you don't already know, I don't like Teen Titans Go. Click here to catch up. I thought teen titans go sank to it's lowest with the "we actively avoid all things smart" interview and "we're making a kids show so we don't even have to try" attitude. But this, THIS! Teen Titans Go Caped. This is a new low.

Save the last minute, the ENTIRE episode is edited, redubbed clips from the original Teen Titans, that is in the same style as all the "youtube abridged" shows. They took clips, added "funny" dialogue that matches the clips, and made an 11 minute episode about Cyborg not wanting to wear a cape.

I...I...I don't know what to say. This is a "professionally" produced show. They have a budget. This isn't some "I loved the series many years ago, I have movie maker/imovie, some comedic wit, and lots of free time, so I'm going to make a youtube series" thing. This is airing on national television, and will be sold on video. They have the audacity to make youtube crap and say "this is a professional TV episode." (Please note that I use "youtube crap" lightly, because I know how hard it is to find the right clips to make a narrative, but this is a fan made passion project done on no budget, and I expect to get a product that reflects "fan made passion project done on no budget." I'm just saying "this is not professional content.")

But this, THIS! Is where it hits absolute rock bottom (at least I hope this is finally rock bottom). After the "OG Teen Titans Abridged" episode ends, we see the Go titans watching it on TV, and talking about how great it is and how "it's better than they remember." What? WHAT!? What is wrong with you. You are saying. That a "youtube abridged" series of the original. Is great. All this episode does, is remind us that the original series. Is better than your piece of crap. When your titans said "this is great." I can't help but think. That you're saying. "A crappy youtube series is better than us." It's. It's. I can't believe they did this. The writers and creators of this show have the largest brass pair in the world. Is this some sorry attempt at bringing in old fans? Is this some weird way to sell merch for the old show? Is this trying to bring back the original? I don't know. It's just SOOOOOO bad.

Well, this has been Pokematic, signing off, and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment