Friday, December 30, 2011

Pokematic The Adventures of Tintin Review

I just saw the adventures of Tintin, read to find my thoughts.
If it's not a good game or catholic...who do you call?...why pokematic "hi."

I just saw The Adventures of Tintin in 3D, and let me say, amazing. Having seen less than perfect 3D in many 3D movies, I was aprehensive of seeing it in 3D. Having read that it was great 3D, I took the chance. I'll get to it. But for now, lets talk story.

Ok, so The Adventures of Tintin is about, I think he's a teen, in probably the late 1800s early 1900s, and he's a reporter that gets puled into a major scheme or plot. I can't find the right word. It all stats out with him buying a moddel ship at an outside market. Well some guys are after that ship, or the contents of the ship. That causes Tintin to take on a scoop much larger than anything he's ever taken. I think that's enough. Now for everything techical.

Earlier I mentioned the 3D. 3D hasn't been used to it's fullest potential. It's normally a way to jack up ticket prices. I looked into it and heard it was good 3D. All I have to say is, they were right. In the opening credits alone I could see that the 3D was going to be good. We now go into the beginning and it has 3D camparable to Avatar. Sure it was no Avatar, but it was really close to that. Instead of looking like a moving picture, it looked like a window into their world. I saw distance, depth, and at a few times, some 3D gags where it came out into the audience. If you're not sure if the 3D is worth the extra charge, worry no longer, it is.

While on visuals, let me talk about animation. This movie is motion capture, and for those of you who don't know, it means the entire movie was shot on a blue screen with actors doing everything while covered in sensor dots. Avitar was shot similarly for the navi stuff, same with polar express. This lead to stunning animation. Other people have said this, but I'll say it as well, mainly because it's true, I forgot I was watching an animated movie at times. The detail in the characters was amazing. Unlike a pixar movie for instance where the characters skin is perfectly smooth with shine ocasionally, the characters had blemeshes, stuble, and such. Then there were the backgrounds. While cartoonier than the characters, settings were alwayse stunning. It looked touchable. Amazing animated characters deserve amazing places to play in.

Now for some words of warning or saving grace. Some people, myself included, might be under the impression that this will be an amazing childrens film that is enjoyable enough for the parents because it's animated, is a "nickelodeon movie," and is PG probably for some fantasy action. It's not! Not in the least! There's lots of action and suspence and violence. Not like Pixar where there's the ocasional moment of suspence but it's all light hearted afterwards, but like big serious action. This is more a Spielberg movie than nickelodeon movie. Close to the action level of Indiana Jones. Theres lots of guns and shooting, and drinking. Yeah, one character is constantly drunk and drinking. This makes the movie increadibly enjoyable for older children and adults, but might not be aproipriate for younger viewers. This isn't much of a spoiler, so I'll tell you it. In one scene, a character gets shot multiple times off screen, colapses on screen and in his last moments of life, uses his blood to make a message to Tintin. That's ultra dramatic and was a great way to tell that, but is one example of this not being apropriate for young viewers. I'm no parent, but if I was I'd be confident in letting my 10 year old see it.

This is no ordinary animated movie. I theorize that Spielburg made this movie animated because it would have to be widely CG and everyone would be running around on a bluescreen anywayse so just go full animated. It was amazing. Go buy it but I don't recomend it for young viewers. Well this has been pokematic signing off and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment