Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pokematic Smurfs review

Super funny movie. Can be enjoyed by children and adults alike. But still smurfs so if you hate them you will not like this movie.

If it's not a good game or catholic....Who do you call...why Pokematic. "Hi"

So I just saw The Smurfs in 2D. All I have to say is, super funny movie. As a fan of the classic show, I must say that they stayed rather true to the original. Well character personality wise. The whole New York thing never happened in the classic. Nor was Neil Patric Harris and Jayma Mays ever in the classic. Or at least not as humans if for some reason they ever guest stared or did some other voices. I'm a bit of a fan of the original but I'm no expert.
Search & Win
Like I said. This movie was incredibly funny. One of the jokes that sticks out is when smurfet said "I kissed a smurf and liked it." Katy Pery you are funny. The Narrator smurf was funny as well. This movie is full of laugh out loud jokes.

At the beginning I was afraid that it was going to focus on clumsy over coming being clumsy. While it did focus more on clumsy than Papa, Smurfet, Grouchy, Gutsy, and Brainy. Well I won't ruin the end for you. But quite funny.

I feel I should mention the voice acting, and acting in general. Everyone was really good. I don't remember gutsy being Scottish, but it added a nice way to differentiate the smurfs. We all know on their own, smurfs all look the same. All of them blue, with white hats and pants, and 3 apples high. But then different props like brainy's glasses help differentiate between them. But all did good voice acting and acting. Katy was a good smurfet. She added some squeaking to get the full smurf effect. George Lopez was a good grouchy. But I must say that every sentence didn't start with "I hate." Papa smurf actually did a good job at getting the voice of the classic Papa. It wasn't spot on but still very good. While I'm at it, I might as well mention that the voices weren't their classic squeaky. So if that was a deal breaker from the original, no worries there. The humans did a good job with the CG smurfs. Neil and Jayma and Gargamell did a great job interacting with things that aren't really there. But that's also in part to the animators. But that only refers to getting the smurfs in eye contact and such. The actors did a great job looking like they were talking to and interacting with CG smurfs.

I recommend it to kids and families. And anyone who likes the smurfs. Smurf haters, not really. They still sing their annoying song. New to the series, go see it. Well this has been Pokematic signing off and bu bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment