Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pokematic Captain America Review

Marvel strikes again with Captain America. Not only is it visually appealing but also has a cool story.

If it's not a good game or catholic...who do you call...why pokematic "hi."
Search & Win
I just saw Captain America: The First Avenger. I initially wasn't going to see it today. But that story can be read here. I had rather high hopes since it is a live action Marvel movie, and those tend to be good. And it delivered. Now I admit that I am not very familiar with the Captain America: The First Avenger series as a comic and cartoon. In fact that the only previous knowledge I have is from the crossovers in the Amazing Spider Man cartoons when they aired on Toon Disney. Well from what I know they did a good job at staying true to the source material. But all I really knew was the origin of Captain America. Well it was still really good.

For those that don't know, Captain America: The First Avenger is the story of a young small guy who wants to join the army in the time of World War 2. But due to his size and physical inhibitors, like asthma, prevent him from enlisting. He tries 5 times but all of them fail. But he tries at a fair and the scientist finds him to be the perfect candidate for this experiential soldier project. One difference was that the lab just kind of blew up after the test and a Nazi spy planted a bomb where from what I recall it was originally some crazed nut taking an ax to the machines yelling "I will destroy this American war machine." That's not a deal breaker though, just a little different.

I feel I should mention that I didn't see it in 3D. Since I have been kind of let down with 3D movies recently, I didn't see any harm in not seeing it in 3D. I can see some scenes looking good in 3D, but not all of it. The effects were great none the less. And one thing that maybe I just wanted to see or that it actually was there, or it was there by accident, but some scenes had a sempa effect added to it. You know the yellow of old time film and pictures? Well at some points it looked like it had a mild sempa filter on it, and since this movie took place in the 40s, it looked amazing.

WARNING SPOILERS AFTER THIS POINT
Now for some story that confused me some. There was this one character that looked a little like tony stark and everyone referred to him as stark. Well Iron Man takes place in modern time and Tony doesn't look to old. But then how was he in the 40's? And then there's the matter of the avengers? Well this is my theory; that was either Tony's father or grand father. And as for The Avengers, Captain gets frozen in ice, and is brought into the modern world. And e sure to stay after the credits. After Marvel movies there are always teasers for future Marvel movies. Well this time it's the Avengers, and it points out that now all the avenger heroes are coming together for The Avengers movie. And while I'm at it, be on the look out for Stan Lee as an army general. Go out and see it. It's an amazing movie.
This has been Pokematic signing off, and bu bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment